It is at the heart of our value system not just to operate in an area, but also to be a part of the community and grow together. In doing so, we are committed to producing positive value for the local communities.
Our programs are primarily developed through social consultations complemented with best practices adaptations and expert opinions. It is crucial for us to ensure that our community development programs [PPM] are based on their own needs. Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) is the social mapping technique we use to collect two-way information on community needs and grievances to receive details directly from the local people. This is carried out in conjunction with musyawarah rembuk daerah or local consultation/discussion forums to reinforce local input and participation.
We intend to create an economic environment for the local communities that could stay productive beyond CITA's operational lifetime and independent of our assistance. Some of the programs assisted by the company are :
• Communities' micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs): A group of women who make crackers and cakes.
• Food security programs : A group of chicken and cattle breeders, a group of freshwater fish farmers, a group of rice farmer and a vegetable and palawija.
In line with the credence principle of the Indonesian Government, we believe that infrastructure is the pathway to economic development. That is why public infrastructure construction is one of our main programs for assisting the villages in CITA's operational area. CITA had built or repaired 88.26 km of roads at 23 different areas in West Kalimantan.
CITA is as concerned for the health and safety of local communities as we are for the wellbeing of our employees, most of whom are, of course, local residents. That is why it is a big part of our mission to create a productive society around CITA through delivering programs that improve health and safety within these communities.
Some of the programs assisted by the company are ;
• Covid-19 Assistance for Community : Staple food assistance for 2,688 families, Assistance with PPE garments, eye protection, hand sanitizer, gloves, and vitamins for Health Clinics (Puskesmas) around CITA's operational area, and Laboratory Reagent Kits (96 units) were provided to assist the West Kalimantan Provincial Government
• Clean Water Program
• Free medical treatment
• Nutritional food assistance for toddlers
• Programs boosting clean and healthy living
Program in the field of education is aimed at facilitating teaching and learning activities as well as supporting extra-curricular activities to improve the quality of education such as ;
• Educational scholarships.
• Educational olympiads.
• Repairing educational buildings and their infrastructure as well as training.
• Increasing teacher capacity.
Social and culture play an important role in community life in villages that are included in the company's fostered villages. Therefore, the company through the PPM program in the socio-cultural sector has realized several activities such as :
•Repairing buildings of cultural value,
•Conduct religious holidays and Indonesia's independence day celebration,
•Implementing Dayak and Malay traditional activities.
CITA takes grievances from the communities very seriously. CITA not only resolves all issues related to CITA's operational activities, but also any concerns brought independently by the local communities. This applies especially to infrastructure-related grievances such as road repair and maintenance.